Yeadon Transport Company Buses 1920-1926
|Yeadon Transport Company Buses
|A208 & L579
1: Three single decker buses parked on Yeadon Town Hall Square.
The houses on
the left were on Devonshire Place, demolished in 1979.
The buses were run by the
Yeadon Transport Company, a destination board on the left bus reads "Yeadon
White Cross Shipley".
This service commenced in 1920, they could not operate
in Bradford until the General Strike in 1926, when the strike was over the buses
continued to go through to Bradford.
2. The donor of this photo John Wheatley told us that this is his uncle William Wheatley, aged 21. He worked for the Yeadon Transport Company and is seen here by his bus at White Cross, Guiseley. To the left is Silver Badge Cafe. The photo was taken in 1924.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.