1906 - 1969 - 2013: The photo on the left was taken in 1906 and shows the station and signal
The line was opened by the Midland Railway Co. in 1894, the 1st freight
service ran on 26th February 1894.
The line was opened to service all the mills
along the route with coal and also supply the Yeadon & Guiseley Gas Co.,
they collected their fuel by horse and cart to transport to the nearby gas works
on New Road Side.
During the Yeadon Feast Week special passenger trains known locally
as "ghost trains" were run to take the workers for a day at the sea-side, the
1st was in 1905.
Due to falling demand the station closed in 1966.
view looks up Henshaw Lane and shows the railway bridge being demolished, the
contactors were Jennings of Pudsey, with the bridge gone double decker buses
were able to run on Henshaw Lane.
The buttresses on each side of the lane still
remain, the track bed is now a green way or nature trail.