Yeadon Celtic AFC 1909
|Yeadon Celtic AFC
Yeadon Celtic Association Football Club began in 1907 when a group of young men decided to form a team and decided on a name for the club.
The New Inn on Cemetery Road was the first HQ with games being played on ground alongside the Dam (Tarn).
In their first year they only played friendly games then in 1910 won the Leeds Junior Medal Competition.
By 1910 the team was top of the Wharfedale League.
They moved to a field off Harrogate Road in 1920 using the Peacock Inn as their HQ, 1926 brought another move to their present home on Dam Lane.
These were glory years when the team won the Leeds Amateur League, Wharfedale Cup and the Yeadon Hospital Cup.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.