Looking across to a side view of the Tut & Shive, one of Yeadon's
oldest public houses it was formerly called the Robin Hood.
It is mentioned in
Philomen Slater's "History of the Ancient Parish of Guiseley" published in 1880
; when the wedding of a Yeadon couple had taken place at St Oswald's Parish
Church in Guiseley (prior to St John's Church being built in 1844 ) the young
groomsmen would race up Kirk Lane on horseback, the first to reach the Robin
Hood would be awarded a beribboned silver tankard of ale.
In 1822 the landlord
was Thomas Townshend, 1838 Hannah Harrison, 1853 John Bateson, 1861 John
Tewsler, 1867 Christopher Broskham.
The large building behind is the Temperance Hall, ironically built in
close proximity to the pub!