Johns is the Parish Church for Yeadon.
2: St Johns Church between Henshaw Lane and New Road seen with the spire still
in place, it was thought to be unsafe and removed in 1971.
sketch of the church.
text was with a sketch of the church :
-Eastern view of St John's Church, Yeadon, in the Parish of
first stone of this Church was laid on the 5th day of April AD 1843 by Benj.
Thompson Esq. to whom with Rev. Wm Clark Rector, W R C Stansfield Esq., Rich.
Barwick Esq., John Womersley Esq. , Will Turley Wsq. , John White Esq. , Rev.
Wm. Lindley, Rev. Anthony Ibbetson, John Marshall Barwick Esq. , the principal
promoters of this good Work this plate is respectfully inscribed by
Serv. Walter Ramstone, Architect"
view of the church.