1971: The grounds of Queen Street Chapel (also known as St
Mark's Church ), the entrance gates are on the High Street.
These grounds and
the new access road to the High Street were opened in 1908, the
chapel having been built in 1865.
The chapel is behind the photographer, the
Clothiers Arms is to the left so this area is now where the end of Harper Lane
reaches the High Street (November 2015)
The large building on the right is the Albert Mill on
A brilliant photo showing a different aspect of the chapel