Aireborough Historical Society

Queen Street Chapel 1908

Queen Street Chapel
Queen Street Chapel
Title
Queen Street Chapel
Date 1st August 1908
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
FB018 & FB019 (Donated by Dennis Court)
Comment
Opening of the new road and gardens which linked the chapel to the High Street.
A large crowd had gathered to witness the occasion, the official opening was performed by local mill owner and philanthropist Jonathan Peate.
This is a rare photo of Mr Peate, he is the bearded, white-haired man with no hat on in front of the gates.

 

 

Post a Comment

Please login to post a comment.

 

Register

Register   

 


search