Aireborough Historical Society

Park View Methodist Chapel 1983



Park View Methodist ChapelPark View Methodist ChapelPark View Methodist Chapel
Title
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Date February 1983
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
B210 + B211 & B212
Comment
Top: The Altar in Park View Chapel, with cross and church plate.
The chapel was designed in Arts and Crafts fashion, the interior and fittings were of pitch pine.

Middle: War Memorial to honour the servicemen of the First World War who were members of the congregation.

Bottom: The chapel was built of a local stone "Delph Ashlar" by John Fletcher.
The land was donated by Jonathan Peate, two foundation stones were laid on April 11th 1891 and the chapel was opened in 1892.
Rev. Hare was the first Minister with Margerison Hobson and John Fletcher as the first Sunday School superintendents.
 

Post a Comment

Please login to post a comment.

 

Register

Register   

 


search