Old Street 1892
This was the first Wesleyan chapel in Yeadon, it was built in 1766 by Jeremiah Marshall of Parkgate, Guiseley.
The bell tower can be seen on the roof.
The Chapel was sold in 1854 to W.B. Crompton Stansfield of Esholt who gave permission for it to be used as a mission hall and school by the Church of England.
In 1891 St Andrew's Church was built and this building was then called "Old St Andrew's".
It was demolished and replaced by the Church Institute in 1894 which was converted into apartments in 1984.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.