Aireborough Historical Society

Methodist Church



Title
Methodist Churches
Date As Shown
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
EE002
Comment
March 1999: On the left is the former Primitive Methodist Chapel, now used as offices (January 2014).
The building in the centre and to the right was part of the Wesleyan Chapel and is now the present Yeadon Methodist Church (January 2014).
A further glimpse of the present church can be seen on the left edge.
Town Hall Square is in the foreground with a car park area on what was Devonshire Place to the right.

P117

Undated: Two gravestones set into the exterior  wall of the church.

The stone on the left is for Betsy Sawyer who died in 1839.

To the right is the marker for James Myers who died during the construction of Bramhope Tunnel.

 


P118

Undated: This was the site of the original Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, the grassed area to the left is part of what was the burial ground.

P122

Undated: The former chapel located on the High Street which is now used as offices.


P123

Undated: Various views of the Methodist Church.

P124
P125
P126



 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


calendarmemories