Long Stoop 1900
|A230 & R056
The base of this monument is original, the shaft is a replacement dating from about 1836.
This is the junction of Warren House Lane to the left and Victoria Avenue (Harrogate Road) to the right.
In 1983 when the Stoop was moved because of an extension to Leeds Bradford Airport Aireborough Civic Society provided an information plaque for the base of the Stoop.
The young trees were 3 of many planted along the newly named Victoria Avenue to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1898.
The two huts in the background were later replaced, the new ones were used as a farm labourers home and a tea shop run by John William Hudson
Middle: The Long Stoop at the junction of Warren House Lane and Victoria Avenue
(Harrogate Road), the cart is just turning into Warren House Lane.
is sat astride the Long Stoop, Warren House Farm is on the left.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.