13th July 1907: Jonathan Peate had donated the land for the park, the opening was a huge Civic and public event.
A hot air balloon (marked Bradford) is above the crowd.
A comment on the reverse states:
" A local mill owner took a trip in the basket and it landed near York".
13th July 1907: The
official opening of the park, the land had been donated by Jonathan Peate, seen
here standing to the right of the clergyman.