High Street, Band 1957
High Street, Yeadon.
This photograph was taken after 1955, on the left is Queen Street United Methodist Chapel, the noticeboard has details of the amalgamation with the Chapel Hill Wesleyan Methodist Chapel which was in July 1955.
Next to the chapel is the Clothiers Arms, then the entrance to Queen Street can be seen.
The High Street is lined with people watching Yeadon Band marching in front of the coaches which had taken the elderly of Yeadon on their annual trip to the seaside organised by Yeadon Charities.
It was and still is the custom that the Band welcome them home.
On the right edge is Albert Mill.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.