Edwardian Carnival Day 1990
|Edwardian Carnival Day
|EE027 + EE028 + EE029 & EE030
band of the Air Force Cadets marching down the High Street.
Upper Middle: A
horse drawn Rington's Tea delivery van.
A family company which was established
in 1907 when Samuel Smith from Leeds began selling tea from a horse and cart
around the Newcastle area.
He went into partnership with William Titterington ,
the brand name was formed from the 2 surnames "Rington" and "S" for Smith.
Titterington left the company and the Smith Family have continued the business
delivering tea and other items direct to customers.
A new factory was built in
Leeds in the 1930s on Lady Pit Lane, this is now a Sikh temple (January 2014).
Lower Middle: A
Jowett Bradford van FKW 44 used for deliveries by William Morrison Provisions
Ltd, James Street, Bradford.
This model was produced 1947-1953 by Jowett Cars
Ltd of Idle, the company operated from 1906-1954.
The site at Five Lane Ends,
Idle now has a Morrison's store on it! (January 2014)
The van can be seen at Bradford
Industrial Museum on Moorside Road in the motor gallery.
steam roller "Victoria" on the right is the
corner of Marshall Street.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.