Albert Square 1977
On the left is the gable end of a bungalow, a number of these retired persons homes are on Albert Square.
The off-licence shop at the corner with Cemetery Road was built with stone salvaged from the demolition of the Pick and Hammer Inn in 1883, it had stood on Harrogate Road, Carlton.
The dark stone building across the center of the view is called Ingots Building, it was part of Waterside Mill and is now offices for Headrow Housing.
Moving right cars are parked on the forecourt of M & D Motors, this used to be Rhodes Garage.
Next the New Inn, then addressed as 1 Club Row is Gulshan Tandoori Restaurant and Takeaway.
Club Row is between Gulshan and the Albert Inn which is on the right edge.
The hanging sign has a portrait of Prince Albert, consort to Queen Victoria.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.