Aireborough Historical Society

Albert Mill

Albert MillAlbert MillAlbert Mill, Yeadon. July 1971
Albert Mill
Title
Albert Mill
Date As Shown
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
A195 & E265
Comment
July 1971: Albert Mill was situated at the junction of Albert Square and the High Street.
It was built in 1851 by Baldwin, Brown & Co for the manufacture of woollens.
During the Second World War it was used as a military store.
When the mill was demolished shops and the old Lecture Hall which had been adjacent to the mill on the High Street were also pulled down.
New shops were erected partly on the mill site, also bungalows for the elderly.
In this view the mill is undergoing demolition, a group of wooden market stalls are stacked against the wall.


 

 

N369

1971/ 2015: The earlier mage shows Albert Mill when demolition had begun, the mill was built in 1851 by Baldwin Brown & Co.

The old layout of Albert Square changed, no longer a square but the name was retained, a roundabout is on the left and several bungalows for the elderly were built on the site.

2015 photographer Edwy Harling




 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register