A Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built on Over Lane in 1824, the cost of the
land was £467 and the buildings a further £1,198.
In addition to the chapel were
a caretakers house and a school which served as both a Sunday school and a day
The cemetery in front of the school buildings still remains in a very
overgrown state October 2012).