Aireborough Historical Society

Rawdon Urban District Council

Rawdon Council
Date 1916/17
Location Rawdon
Photo ID

A group photo of Rawdon Urban District Council, it ceased to exist when Aireborough was formed in 1937 and the towns of Yeadon, Guiseley and Rawdon were amalgamated to become the new Aireborough UDC.


On the back row from left to right are: 

D O Hardaker, H Walmsley, Clerk, W H Emsley, W&A Observer Representative, W B Cartwright, Chairman of the Sanitary Committee, Eli Winn, J Almgill, Treasurer.

Middle row left to right: H Davison, T Pratt, Vice-Chairman and Chairman of the Finance Committee, C Harper, JP, Chairman, B Jordan, H Evans, Chairman of the Highways Committee

Front left: H Holgate, Assistant Overseer and Collector and E Wade.


1919/20: Present were councillors Herman Walmsley    H Cunliffe, clerk   H Verity

H H Tomlinson    T Pratt    ? Wood, press      W B Cartwright    B Jordan     E Winn, Chairman     J Almgill, treasurer    W J Kay, surveyor      H Holgate, collector


Post a Comment


: (optional)

: (optional)