Top: It is thought that the first dwelling on this site was a farmhouse belonging to the Marshall family, circa 1616.
A new house was erected by David Marshall in 1662, in the grounds of the house a sundial has the initials MAM and the date 1691.
The next known occupant was William Leavens (1747-1818) then his nephew William White was in residence and he rebuilt the house.
In 1863 White auctioned off the estate in lots, William Kutter purchased the house and Micklefield Park, John Venimore Godwin and his family were living there (presumably tenants of Kutter's) until 1870 when Godwin bought Crowtrees.
JV Godwin was a noted photographer and Mayor of Bradford, Godwin Street in Bradford is named after him.
Thomas Arton, a Bradford woollen merchant bought the house in 1872, he carried out a number of improvements which included the building of the west wing, his son stayed on there until 1918.
In 1930 Rawdon UDC purchased the house and parkland from the then owner John A Rhodes of Spring Head Mill, Guiseley to be used as Council offices, it cost £4,500.
In April 1937 the townships of Rawdon, Yeadon and Guiseley were amalgamated to become Aireborough UDC, it was decided that Micklefield House was a suitable venue for the new AUDC offices.
In 1974 Aireborough was taken into the Leeds Metropolitan District, Micklefield House was again retained to be used as Council offices.
The building has been refurbished recently and is now a "One Stop Shop for Council services.
Middle: It is thought that a farmhouse dating from around 1616 and owned by the
Marshall family was on this site.
Later, Micklefield House was built, over the
years it has been extended and renovated by various occupants.
Prior to 1870 it
was the home of John Venimore Godwin and his family, his parents Benjamin and
Elizabeth Godwin lived in the house on the right known as "The Cottage".
house has been demolished and a car park is on the site (September 2012).
Upper Middle: Looking across New Road Side to Micklefield House and the entrance to
The bottom left corner plot would have been part of the grounds
for Crowtrees House. The shelter has an advertisement for the "Gondoliers", a
production by the Aireborough Gilbert and Sullivan Society which was last staged
Bottom: Front view of Micklefield House and gardens.