Aireborough Historical Society

Low Mill Wesleyan Chapel

Low Mill Wesleyan Chapel

Title
Low Mill Wesleyan Chapel
Date Undated
Location Rawdon
Photo ID
F035
Comment
Located near Low Mill, the chapel was built by William Grey of Calverley, he paid for the construction in 1874 when he was the owner of Low Mill.
He lived at Lowroyd on Woodlands Drive, later moving to Well Royd on Knott Lane.
It was a small chapel, sold to Yeadon Wesleyan Circuit in 1924 for £200.
The chapel closed in 1979 and was sold for £2,500, it is now a private house (October 2012).
 

Post a Comment

Please login to post a comment.

 

Register

Register   

 


search