||Photo ID FF02
Littlemoor Primary School Pupils - 1923/24
On the left is teacher Miss Jane Halmshaw.
Back row left to right: Walter Rollinson, Gordon ?, Jack Tolson, Blanche Tordoff, Marjorie Kitson, Ethel Rednal, Holly Slade, Billy Greaves, ? Hollings, Dick Rigg, Eddie Mercer.
Third row left to right: Edna Scott, Doris Hinkle, Margaret Clark, Enid Calvert, Mollie Young, Sally Smith, Mary Smith, Peggy Stretton, Muriel Kendall, ( ? ) Patty Hudson, Ivy Walker.
2nd row left to right: Irene Webster, Maud Gill, marion Preston, Iris ?, Marjorie Beatty, Margaret Oates, John Thomas, Laura Waite, Gladys Kay, Frances Nolan, Eileen Dixon, Mary Farrell.
Front row left to right: Fred Yeadon, Eric Booth, Fred Long, Jack Houlden, Willie Girt, Irving Wadsworth, Alan Hardaker, Cyril Barnes, Donald Womersley.
Dick Rigg carried on the Rigg family tradition of becoming a butcher, with his brothers and son David. He had several shops including one on Yeadon High Street and one on Harrogate Road in Rawdon.
He lived in the first cottage past the shop, his sister Marion had a flat above the shop which she retained when the business was sold to Wilkinsons.
Eddie Mercer was a founder member of what was then called the Aireborough and Horsforth Museum Society (now Aireborough Historical Society), after his death his brother Roy donated all his papers to the Society.