Aireborough Historical Society

Layton Cottage



Title
Layton Cottage
Date Undated
Location Rawdon
Photo ID
P018
Comment
Stone which is inscribed "This building was erected by subscription for the purpose of a school AD1823 and is the joint property of Rawden and Yeadon".
The cottage was originally built as Nether Yeadon School near the junction of Apperley Lane and Warm Lane.
In 1905 it was sold and became a private dwelling.
P302

A view of Layton Cottage.




 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


calendarmemories