Joint Fire Brigade - 1970
The site for the fire station on New Road Side (A65) was bought from Rawdon C0-operative Society in 1924, it had previously been the headquarters of the 8th Airedale Scouts. The building of this facility was a joint venture between Horsforth, Yeadon, Guiseley and Rawdon Councils.
Mr George Foggit was the architect, the cost of the fire station and adjoining superintendents house was £3,477. Building began in 1925, by Mitchell Yeadon & Sons.
The first Superintendent was J A Dockray who was given free accommodation and £300 a year salary.
In 1948 the brigade was taken into the West Riding County Council Fire Service. A new fire station was built round the corner on Green Lane in 1974 and the old building was demolished.
A car showroom, JCT^)) ws built on the site. Behind the old fire station is an office block, Rawdon House.