|B358 + B359 & B360
Top: This fireplace was uncovered when a wall was stripped in Ivy House.
Middle: Back view of Ivy House, situated on Over Lane, for many years home to the
Grimshaw family but the freehold was owned by the Marshalls until 1830 when it
was sold to the Rev L W Hird.
Between 1910 and the 1940s a hand laundry was
operated from there.
Farmland which had once been part of Ivy House property was
split, Larkfield Drive was built on part of it and on Over Lane Aireborough
Council built bungalows for the elderly in the 1960s.
Bottom: Front view of Ivy House, covered in Virginia Creeper!
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.