Ivy House - 1910
Ivy House is situated near the bottom of Over Lane, dating from the 1600's, for 200 years was the home of the Grimshaw family.
The Grimshaws were religious dissenters and meetings were held at the house until after 1670 when the Grimshaws became active Quakers and Sarah Grimshaw obtained a licence for worship at the Quaker meeting Hall in Rawdon.
The freehold was owned by the Marshalls until 1830 when it was sold to Rev, L W Hird.
Between 1910 and the 1940's a hand laundry operated from Ivy House. In the foreground of this photo there is a sign stating "Rawdon Hand Laundry"
Farmland once part of Ivy House was sold in lots.
Also in this photo is a sign in the foreground stating "This valuable freehold building land for sale"
Larkfield Drive was built on part of the land to the rear of Ivy House and to the left hand side of Ivy House on Over Lane, land was sold and in the 1960's Aireborough Council built bungalows for the elderly.