Ivy House 1910
||Over Lane, Rawdon
Situated on Over Lane and dating from the 1600s, it was for 200 years owned by the Grimshaw family.
They were religious dissenters and meetings were held at the house until after 1670 when the Grimshaws became active Quakers.
In this view the house is being used as a hand laundry.
A notice in the foreground states:
"This valuable Freehold Building Land For Sale"
which applies to the land in front of Ivy House which is on the left.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.