Garden of Remembrance 1926
|Garden of Remembrance
The Garden of Remembrance is at the junction of Over Lane and Leeds Road, Heaton Naylor donated the land and the garden was created in 1926.
The cost of £600 was raised by public subscription.
The central feature is a stone memorial cross which has the names of 110 men and women who died in the two World Wars.
A notice on the left reminds people to "Wear a Flanders Poppy" in honour of the fallen.
A smaller notice on the railings gives details of the opening ceremony.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.