Aireborough Historical Society

View From Crowtrees 1866-1870




Title
View from Crowtrees
Date 1866-70
Location Rawdon
Photo ID
W475
Comment
Micklefield Lane is on the left, the house is Micklefield Grange, on old maps it is called Micklefield Dubb (a dialect word for pond).
The pond would now be on the golf course looking at the 1838 Tithe map.
It is an early 19 Century house, in the 1850s it was the home of Thomas Grimshaw then in 1908 Sir William Duncan.
In the middle distance is the second Baptist Chapel.
 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


search