Aireborough Historical Society

Christian Science Church




Title
Christian Science Church
Date Undated
Location Rawdon
Photo ID
N440
Comment

This was the First Church Christ  Scientist.

 

Graham Branston
Graham Branston
This building was originally the Rawdon Friends (Quakers) adult school and dates from 1912. Their Meeting House was/is located on the opposite side of Quakers Lane. The Friends made a significant contribution to local education prior to the advent of state schools. Their school was at Low Green, now a mix of small businesses and homes. The adult school became a Christian Science Church in 1949.
17 March 2018
Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


calendarmemories