Catholic Church 1908
||Cragg Wood, Rawdon
The Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel and St Joseph being built by Barrett & Sons of Rawdon.
Six of the Barrett brothers are seen on the scaffolding.
The Church was built on the instigation of John Warrington in the grounds of his house "Liseux" on Woodlands Drive.
The foundation stone was laid in November 1907, unfortunately Mr Warrington died before the Church was consecrated in 1909.
In 1962 Spike Milligan was married there to Patricia Ridgeway.
The Church was closed in 1989 and is split into 4 apartments, St Josephs Court.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.