1960s: Worshippers gathered under the rock for an annual service of
remembrance honouring the non-conformists who risked breaking the law to hold
services in the style they chose rather than follow the doctrine of the Church
They met under the rock until the first Baptist chapel was built in
Cragg Wood around 1715.
The building above the rock is the club house
for Rawdon Golf Club.