A Blue Plaque placed in Nunroyd Park to honour Jonathan Peate near his former home Nunroyd House.
It was placed there by Aireborough Civic Society, the plaque reads:
" Jonathan Peate (1837-1924) Born in a weavers cottage in Yeadon. Philanthropist and owner of Nunroyd Mills (built 1868, demolished 1987). He donated land and money for the benefit of the people of Yeadon and Guiseley including Yeadon Town Hall Square also Kirk Lane Park (1907) and Nethermoor Park. Chairman of Wharfedale Board of Guardians for 25 years"
The plaque is mounted onto an upright stone shaft placed in a small paved area.
Unveiling of the Blue Plaque dedicated to Jonathan Peate in Nunroyd Park.
The ceremony took place at 11am, on the left is Councillor Graham Latty, in the center is Rex Learmonth who instigated the move to mark the life of Jonathan Peate with a Blue Plaque.
On the right is Clive Woods, Chairman of Aireborough Civic Society.