of a full length portrait of Thomas Brown, owner of Kirk Lane Mill.
was painted in 1889 by G E Boyes, it was damaged when it was discovered behind
the stage of Yeadon Town Hall.
Thomas lived in Bramley, Leeds but was a generous
benefactor to Yeadon, he donated £100 to the initial building costs of the Town
Hall, his daughter later contributed £2,000 at his bequest to pay off the
outstanding debt on the Town Hall in 1925.
His widow used money left in his will
to provide Yeadon Fountain and plant 300 trees along Victoria Avenue, this was
to mark his life and the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.