Aireborough Historical Society

Horsforth St Margarets Church

St. Margarets Church
St. Margarets Church, Horsforth
Title
St. Margarets Church
Date Undated
Location Horsforth
Photo ID
F026 & V140 (BB071)
Comment
Built to replace the old Bell Chapel on the Green, the church was designed by John L Pearson, the building took 36 years to complete.
The nave and chancel were finished in 1883 but it was 1901 when the belfry, spire and porches were completed.


PU169

Undated: St Margarets Church occupies a prominent position and is a visible landmark in the area.

Donated by Julie Boocock & Ellie Cockcroft




 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


calendarmemories