Aireborough Historical Society

Esholt The Island




Title
The Island
Date C1904
Location Esholt
Photo ID
A273
Comment

This "Island was formed by the outfall of several becks, three cottages were built in the 18th Century and owned by the Esholt Estate.

In the bottom right corner is the City of Bradford Coat of Arms, the Estate was purchased in 1904 by Bradford from the Misses Crompton - Stansfield for £239,000.

It had been bought to build a sewage treatment plant, the Island was filled in and the cottages disappeared.

Yorkshire water now administer the Estate, the Hall is used as offices and a conference centre.

 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


search