Y028 August 1987: Medieval Road to Stone
Top in Esholt woods.
Y029 August 1987: Stone Top Farm and barn,
situated off Gill Lane adjacent to the railway line, where the Westfield area
The farmhouse dates back to 1614 when it was built by Thomas
Furness, he had to seek permission from the landowners via a land agent.
Vavasours had arrived with the Normans and were given extensive lands which
stretched from the River Wharfe around Askwith to the River Aire in the Esholt
area. Furness had their agreement to build Stone Top Farm, it is now called
Calverley Close Cottage (April 2013)