1: St Oswalds Church is on the left.
The Rectory dates from 1601 when Rev.
Robert More decided to build a home for himself.
It is thought that he used
stone and other building materials from the ruins of a Manor House previously on
the site, this had been the seat of the DeWardes, Lords of the Manor of
Canon Howson undertook renovation of the Rectory and St Oswalds Church
during his time as Rector 1906-1934.
2: A print from a painting of Guiseley Rectory which was the work of Doreen
Pawson of Guiseley.
A message on the reverse of the print reads:
"Best Wishes to
Joan and Albert for Christmas 1979"
back entrance to the old rectory which shows the original mason's
4: Front view of the old rectory, now private apartments (February 2013)
old Rectory, it was sold in 1978 for £76,000 and a new Rectory built in the
grounds adjacent to the Green.
6 & 7: A drawing of Guiseley Rectory with historical information.
In addition, it
was restored by Canon Howson at his own expense early in his time as Rector of
Guiseey 1906 - 1933.
He allowed the Rectory gardens to be used as a location for
the St Oswald's Day pageants which he instigated.
The building was sold in 1978
for £76,000 and converted into apartments.
A new Rectory was built in the old
Rectory gardens facing onto the Green.
8: This was the old Guiseley Rectory, built in 1601, seen here from the