Aireborough Historical Society

1907 Yeadon Park Opening Leaflet



Title
Yeadon Park Opening Leaflet
Date 13th July 1907
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
R086 & R087
Comment
Top: On the left is the stamp of "The Urban District Council of Yeadon 1863". 
The right side features a portrait of Jonathan Peate Esq. J P Nunroyd as Donor (of the park land) and J T Vickers Esq. J P Chairman of the Council as Opener.
   "Yeadon Park and Recreation Grounds Opening Ceremony by Coun. J T Vickers Esq. J P 
Saturday the 13th day of July 1907 at 2.30pm"

Bottom: This is the interior of image R086
"Programme
2.0pm  A Procession will be formed on the Town Hall Square and will proceed, headed by the Yeadon Old Brass Band by way of Ivegate and Sandy Way, to the Park and Recreation Grounds.

2.30pm Opening Ceremony by Coun. J T Vickers Esq. JP, supported by Jon. Peate Esq. JP, Members of the Yeadon District Council and the Chairmen of the District Councils in the Wharfedale Union.

3.15 Opening of the Bowling Green by Coun. R Shaw, followed by a game of bowls by the Councillors and Officials.

6.0pm Grand Balloon Ascent by Mr R Bramhall

The Yeadon Glee Party, under the conductorship of Mr John A Wormald will render selections at intervals.
"Punch and Judy and Dog Toby" by Professor Harland at intervals.
Selections by Yeadon Old Brass Band at intervals.
Dancing after 6pm.

 

Post a Comment

Please login to post a comment.

 

Register

Register   

 


search