Henshaw area was centred around Henshaw Lane, running from Harper Lane/Well Hill
to Otley Road.
left, Yeadon station, this branch line to Yeadon was constructed to transport
coal to the mills, it opened as a goods line linking to the Guiseley line on
26th February 1894.
trains were occasionally run as specials.
station was demolished in 1966.
centre, Henshaw Lane showing the railway bridge which was demolished in 1969.
the right an image shows a horse and cart on Henshaw Lane.
left shows 3 storey houses known as the "cropping shops" in the area referred to
as High Henshaw.
right is looking towards Otley Road, on the right is the junction with Gill
Lane, the horse and cart is level with this junction.
large building is a Church of England school built in 1847, it closed in 1907.
left looks up Henshaw Lane from Otley Road, the centre image is of St, John's
right shows two men in the road, this is taken just below the railway bridge.
the left is the Station Hotel, previously known as the Malt Sack the name was
changed with the arrival of the railway.
the right is Denison's farm.