Aireborough Historical Society

Yeadon Gasworks Site



Title
Yeadon Gasworks Site
Date 1990s
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
V365 & V366
Comment

Clearing the site of Yeadon gasworks which had ceased to operate in the late 1960s, the main buildings were demolished in 1975.

The area was left for some time before homes were built on it.

Donated by Andrew Emsley

V367
V368
V369
V375

Undated: Demolition of the gasometer, it had a makers plate for Firth, Blakely, Sons & Co, Leeds Ltd, Church Fenton 1925.

Donated by Andrew Emsley

V376
V377
V378
V379
V385
V386
V387
V388
V389
V395

Undated: Demolition work on the gasworks site.

Donated by Andrew Emsley

V396
V397
V398
V399
V409

Undated: Pit which had been the site of a gasometer, to the right is the Woolpack Inn on New Road.

Donated by Andrew Emsley




 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


searchcalendar