There are 18 coaches parked beside the Chelker reservoir on the Skipton/Addingham Road, they were on the way to Southport, a day at the sea-side for the Senior Citizens of Yeadon arranged and paid for by Yeadon Charities Association.
Yeadon Charities Association was founded in 1900 as Yeadon Hospital Fund to give help to people in the town before the NHS was founded.
The name was changed to Yeadon Charities Association in 1939.
Fund raising events take place all year, the main one is the annual pantomime in Yeadon Town Hall, donations are also given.
Once a year the Charity takes Senior Citizens to the coast for a day, a different venue each year, guests are provided with refreshments, lunch and tea.
Traditionally on their return the coaches would be met at the top of the High Street and played home by Yeadon Brass Band.
Yeadon can be proud of keeping this tradition and proving that community spirit is still strong despite all the changes which the passing years bring.