man was a master at the "old" school which was situated on the present Town Hall
It was built in 1806, costs were met by a mortgage for £92 and the rest
by subscription, originally a single storey building a second floor was added in
It was demolished in 1880 when the area immediately in front of the new
Town Hall was cleared, the school being given free accommodation in the Town
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.