Michael Emsley (Yeadon Aeroplane Club) 1938
|Michael Emlsey (Yeadon Aeroplane Club)
The location is a cul-de-sac off Victoria Avenue which formed the entrance
to the Yorkshire Aeroplane Club based at Yeadon Aerodrome.
There were 3 pairs of
semi-detached houses, the pair on the right were used as a clubhouse for the
Aeroplane Club with accommodation for the chief flying instructor Captain H V
Worrall on the upper floor.
An extension was built onto the right side of the
clubhouse (not in View).
The child, Michael Emsley, is also seen in image E039.
The houses are
gone but this entrance to the airport is still used by Multi-Flight (September 2012)
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.