Aireborough Historical Society

Aireborough Historical Society Trips & Walks



Title
Primitive Methodist Chapel
Date Undated
Location Rawdon
Photo ID
W275 & W276
Comment

Visit to Glossop in Derbyshire, images  W275 - W277 are of a Victorian kitchen in the Glossop Heritage Centre which has since closed.



W277
W278 Image of Glossop Town Hall
W279
W280 Members sitting on a bench enjoying refreshments, the lady in the blue jacket on the left is Joan Everson.
W281
W284

2001/2: Group of members on a walk at Scar House Reservoir in upper Nidderdale.

The lady 3rd in from the right is Audrey Speight.

 


W285

2001: A group of members at Burton Abbey.

W321

1982: Members of the society on a trip to view the Humber Bridge which had opened the previous year on June 24th 1981.

It is a single span suspension bridge, 7,280 ft long and takes traffic across the Humber from Hessle in East Yorkshire to Barton-upon-Humber in North Lincolnshire.

W322
W323
W324
W358

2001/2: Members on a trip to Macclesfield, photo taken on the route home.

The lady in the centre is Joan Everson, one of the other women is Doris.

 


W359

2001: Joan Everson, President of AHS thanking Brother Paul for showing members of the society round Ampleforth College.

W362

2001/2: Members on a visit to Kelso, on the bench are Bill and Mary Rushworth.


 


W363
W364
W365 Coach driver Kevin Jackson has for many years driven members on holidays and day trips.
W366

2000: Members on a visit to Knaresborough.

W367
W368
W372

2001: Ampleforth College is in North Yorkshire, it opened as a boarding school for boys in 1802 and is run by the Benedictine monks and lay staff of Ampleforth Abbey.

AHS members are seen here in the library.

 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


calendarmemories