Undated: In 1906 representatives from Yeadon, Guiseley, Rawdon and Menston Councils met to discuss the building of a secondary school to serve the district.
A site was found in New Scarborough and work began on the building in 1907, it opened on 14th September 1910.
Seventy one pupils were registered, the first headmaster was Mr J E Dalton, followed in 1919 by Mr W Rigby.
In 1937 when the townships of Yeadon, Guiseley and Rawdon were amalgamated the school name was changed to Aireborough Grammar School.
The school was closed in 1991 and demolished, a housing estate was built on the site, a few reminders of the past remain: the carved stones with the names of the townships on from the school were set into the perimeter wall of the estate.
Coverley Rise and Fairfax Grove were named after two of the school houses, the other two were Forster and Cavendish.
Hedley Verity, Brian Close, Marc Almond, Nigel Melville and Vice Admiral Sir Richard Ibbotson were all educated there.
1967: The school's Christmas Ball.