AHS Visit to Beamsley
|AHS Visit to Beamsley
Visit to Beamsley near Skipton, this building is Beamsley Hospital or
Seven rooms encircle a chapel, it was built in 1593 by the Countess
of Cumberland, Lady Margaret Russell who was a maid of honour to Queen Elizabeth
She died in 1616 before her plan to build more accommodation for poor widows
could come to fruition, her daughter Lady Anne Clifford continued her work and
added more buildings to the complex.
These were in use until the 1970s when the Hospital Trustees handed
the almshouses and chapel to the Landmark Trust in 1983.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.