Aerial View 1935
||29th June 1935
|I137 & I139
Top: Running left of centre from top to bottom is High Street then Town Street
(Steep) and Kirk Lane. The Town Hall is located in the upper centre, the
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel and Burial Ground lie to the right of the Town Hall
with Harper Lane in the upper right corner.
All the vanished yards and streets of old Yeadon are seen in this photo
including those in the Well Lane / Abbey Lane and Chapel Lane areas. In the
lower section on the left is James Ive's Manor Mill to the right are the
Temperance Hall and the Old Dog Mill.
Bottom: At a slight diagonal across the top left corner is the High Street then
Town Street (Steep).
Ivegate is the loop shape joining the High Street in the
top left corner, turning into Harper Lane towards the right.
The Temperance Hall
is just on the left edge above the Old Dog Mill, top centre is the Wesleyan
Methodist Chapel and Burial Ground with Harper Lane to the right.
School is in the top right corner, below the school are the newer houses on
Brooklands Crescent and Drive with Henshaw Lane coming in from the mid right
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.