Benton Park House 1920
|Benton Park House
The estate belonged to Benjamin Hird in the late 18th Century.
By 1838 the
house was used as a boys boarding school by Joseph Riley and his son John.
Harrison Milligan was in residence in 1861, his widow was still living there in
1915. Rawdon Littlemoor School utilized the building as a senior department
The house was demolished and the present Benton Park School
built on the site, opening in 1960.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.