for the centenary of Benton Congregational Church which was built in 1846.
church schoolroom was being used as billeting for soldiers at this time so the
location on this occasion was the lower floor of the Rawdon Temperance Hall.
The upper floor was the cinema "Rawdon Empire" .
Standing, from left to right are
the Rev. Sydney Nicholson, Miss Isabella Johnston (cutting the cake) and the
Rev. J L Davies.
The lady sat in front of the cake is Mrs Gertrude Nicholson,
the girl on her left is Mary Bickerdike.