Top: This Chapel was built on Micklefield Lane in 1892, it was the third Baptist Chapel to be built in Rawdon.
The first was in Cragg Wood in 1715, then stone from that building was used to build a second chapel on Micklefield Lane in 1765 known as Buckstone Chapel.
The chapel in view was constructed on the site of Buckstone Chapel in 1892, the gateposts and walls were demolished during the Second World war.
The chapel continued to be used until the early 1970s when the Baptists, Congregationalists and Methodists combined to form Trinity Church.
Upper Middle: Drawing of the first Baptist Church to be built in Rawdon, situated in Cragg Wood it was built in 1712.
There is an orchid nursery on the site now, Mansell & Hatcher, Craggwood Nurseries, Woodlands Drive. (January 2013)
Lower Middle: Interior view with pulpit and organ.
This was the second chapel to be built
on Micklefield Lane and the third in Rawdon.
Bottom two Photographs:
Sundial on the site of the second Baptist Chapel to be built in Rawdon
which was on Micklefield Lane.
Sundial with the message:
"This dial stands on the site of the pulpit of the
old Cragg Chapel which was taken down and the new school and chapel adjoining
erected during the ministry of the Rev. A P Fayers "The Lord Hath Done Great
Things For us, Whereof We Are Glad AD 1902"